- Christ the King is a church plant of the Presbyterian Church in America located in Braselton, GA.
- CTK’s mission is to cultivate a community of disciples who abide in Jesus as King.
- CTK’s vision is to see Braselton and its surrounding areas rest, rejoice, and reconcile in Jesus. More information on our vision can be found HERE.
- CTK’s values are gospel welcome, gospel friendship, gospel formation and gospel benevolence. More information on our values can be found HERE.
- CTK has 150+ members and a growing regular attendance of 160
- CTK is committed to a robust small groups ministry with five current community groups and over 80 adults in discipleship groups.
- Worship at CTK is warmly liturgical with weekly communion. You can view a recent bulletin here and view a worship service here.
- CTK has young but growing ministries to kids and youth.
- CTK has elected 4 elders + a Lead Pastor and aims to particularize around Easter 2023.
- 5+ years of experience in vocational ministry, with proficiency in making disciples
- Committed to the spiritual disciplines and regular sabbath rest
- Warm and pastoral spirit; values hospitality and welcome
- Relationally skilled to work together with a growing staff team
- Eager to regularly set goals and accomplish tasks
- Able to work in a flexible, growing church environment
- Record of winsomely building, training, and pastoring teams
- Skilled teacher/trainer, especially in the areas of ministry development
- Experience leading in a multi-staff environment preferred
- Teachable and able to work under the direction of a lead pastor and elder team
- Desire to collaborate with the lead pastor in vision casting and leadership development
- Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by April 1st, 2023.
Pastor of Staff and Ministries
Christ the King Church
Summary: To serve the congregation of Christ the King by giving pastoral oversight to all CTK staff and ministries.
Details: Full time (40-45 hours/week)+ Benefits (Health Insurance Stipend and Retirement). Begins as Assistant Pastor with trajectory to Associate Pastor. Sabbaticals established every 3.5 years at Session’s direction
Supervisor: Reports to the Lead Pastor and Session
Pastoral Oversight of Staff- (~45% of monthly hours)
- Pastoral oversight of the CTK staff team, including leadership of the weekly staff meeting
- Mentorship and assistance of each staff person in their ministry areas as needed; particularly helping each ministry area maintain alignment with the overall mission, vision, and values of CTK.
- Development of new ministry areas/staff as the church evolves (see below).
- Conducting CTK Staff reviews twice each year.
- Coordination of all staff additions and subtractions– including oversight of the organizational chart, the development of job descriptions, guiding the onboarding process, and renumeration recommendations.
- Development of the CTK Employee Handbook.
- Regular collaboration/partnership with Lead pastor about vision development and implementation at CTK.
Pastoral Oversight of Ministries- (~35% of monthly hours)
- Pastoral oversight of the current CTK operational and ministry teams. This includes supervision and mentoring of the directors of these teams, help with volunteer recruitment on these teams, and assistance with leadership development of these ministries of CTK. Current teams are:
- Sunday Morning Operations Teams (Hospitality, Setup & Security, Music/Worship, Livestream/Media, etc.)
- Discipleship Teams (Men, Women, Youth, Children)
- Pastoral Development of new teams or systems as needed to accomplish CTK’s mission and vision. Teams that are already in process are:
- Facility Team (setup/takedown)
- Safety Team
- Youth Ministry Team
- Mercy & Missions Team
- Assistance with pastoral care of team leaders and staff.
Miscellaneous Duties – (~20% of monthly hours)
- Preaching up to 12 times per year
- Leading Sunday morning liturgy as needed
- Assisting pastoral staff with Discovery Classes
- Attend Session meetings
- Assists in pastoral care of congregation as needed
- Participation in a Community Group
- Participation in a Discipleship Group
- Participation and representation of CTK at Presbytery and General Assembly as needed
- Committed to a life of abiding in Jesus
- Aligned with CTK’s mission and vision
- Complements the Lead Pastor’s gifts and personality
- Keeps short accounts among staff and congregants
- Takes a weekly Sabbath for rest and renewal
Are you interested in applying for this position?