Pastor of Staff and Ministries
Summary: To serve the congregation of Christ the King by giving pastoral oversight to all CTK staff and ministries.
Details: Full time (40-45 hours/week)+ Benefits (Health Insurance Stipend and Retirement). Begins as Assistant Pastor with trajectory to Associate Pastor. Sabbaticals established every 3.5 years at Session’s direction
Supervisor: Reports to the Lead Pastor and Session
Pastoral Oversight of Staff- (~45% of monthly hours)
- Pastoral oversight of the CTK staff team, including leadership of the weekly staff meeting
- Mentorship and assistance of each staff person in their ministry areas as needed; particularly helping each ministry area maintain alignment with the overall mission, vision, and values of CTK.
- Development of new ministry areas/staff as the church evolves (see below).
- Conducting CTK Staff reviews twice each year.
- Coordination of all staff additions and subtractions– including oversight of the organizational chart, the development of job descriptions, guiding the onboarding process, and renumeration recommendations.
- Development of the CTK Employee Handbook.
- Regular collaboration/partnership with Lead pastor about vision development and implementation at CTK.
Pastoral Oversight of Ministries- (~35% of monthly hours)
- Pastoral oversight of the current CTK operational and ministry teams. This includes supervision and mentoring of the directors of these teams, help with volunteer recruitment on these teams, and assistance with leadership development of these ministries of CTK. Current teams are:
- Sunday Morning Operations Teams (Hospitality, Setup & Security, Music/Worship, Livestream/Media, etc.)
- Discipleship Teams (Men, Women, Youth, Children)
- Pastoral Development of new teams or systems as needed to accomplish CTK’s mission and vision. Teams that are already in process are:
- Facility Team (setup/takedown)
- Safety Team
- Youth Ministry Team
- Mercy & Missions Team
- Assistance with pastoral care of team leaders and staff.
Miscellaneous Duties – (~20% of monthly hours)
- Preaching up to 12 times per year
- Leading Sunday morning liturgy as needed
- Assisting pastoral staff with Discovery Classes
- Attend Session meetings
- Assists in pastoral care of congregation as needed
- Participation in a Community Group
- Participation in a Discipleship Group
- Participation and representation of CTK at Presbytery and General Assembly as needed
- Committed to a life of abiding in Jesus
- Aligned with CTK’s mission and vision
- Complements the Lead Pastor’s gifts and personality
- Keeps short accounts among staff and congregants
- Takes a weekly Sabbath for rest and renewal