Children’s Discipleship Opportunities
Sunday Morning Service Time Opportunities
Serve in a class during the church service once a month from 9:45 AM to post service clean up. The classes are currently broken up as follows:
- Birth Through One year old– room leader, assistants, and youth helpers
- Two through Three years old– room leader, assistants, and youth helpers
- Four years through Kindergarten– teacher, assistants and youth helpers
- First through Third Grade– teacher, assistants, and youth helpers
The various roles you can serve in are as follows:
- Room Leader– This person helps with set up and clean up, receives kids at the gate and asks parents about needs of the child while in our care and hands kids back to parents after the service. This person also would lead the class to safety in emergencies.
- Assistant– These volunteers help with set up and clean up, snacks, stories, diaper changes (women),keeping a head count, and fill out the Sunday Summary Sheet.
- Youth Helper– 4th and 5th graders can serve alongside a parent and can help with set up/take down, play with children on the ground, and read stories. 6th grade through 12th grade can serve without a parent.
- Teacher- This person prepares and teaches a lesson using our curriculum, they request or secure needed supplies for their lesson.
- Team Leader– This person serves once a month and is stationed at our check-in kiosk for the entire service.They arrive no later than 9:45 AM. They pray with all kids volunteers for that week before assisting with set up. This person checks in kids, secures extra volunteers if needed, and remains available for needs as they arise during the service.
Non-Church Service Time Opportunities
Children’s Discipleship Support Team– If serving on Sunday mornings is a hard time, we also need help at different times! The support team helps the Director of Children’s Discipleship with all sorts of tasks like organizing bins/supply carts during the week or before a service, shopping for items or potential curriculum, and helping with administrative tasks like communication and event planning/executing.
4th and 5th Grade Discipleship– This Class meets once a month (currently every 3rd Sunday of the month) from 9:30-10:00 AM. We need a teacher and assistant to teach the lesson which includes opening up Bibles with the kids, doing a couple of games, and praying with and for the kids.