Below are opportunities available for small groups at CTK to serve our local community. This page is updated periodically as new needs arise.
If your Community Group or Discipleship Group is interested in one of these opportunities, reach out to the contacts listed in the descriptions below. Questions? Contact our Mercy and Missions Team at email@example.com.
- Phoenix Memory Care: This is an opportunity to serve elderly residents at Phoenix Memory Care in Hoschton. Families with preschool or elementary age children are invited to bring their favorite simple game to play with residents OR visitors of all ages can plan to bring cards or flowers to distribute to residents. Visitors are welcome any Saturday, as long as it is arranged in advance. Contact Felicia at 678-940-1181 and she will be happy to schedule a time for your group to visit.
- Street Impact: This is an opportunity to participate in a yard clean up project where a new wheel chair ramp has been installed with Street Impact. Contact Barney Williams at 404-862-0546 and he would be happy to provide more information and schedule a time for your group to serve.
- Backpack Love: This is an opportunity to serve with Straight Street Ministry by helping to fill backpacks with enough food to feed a family of five for the weekend. The bags are then delivered to partner schools for distribution each week. This is a weekday opportunity. To volunteer, call 678-989-0255.
- Family Promise Hall: This is an opportunity through Family Promise Hall to “Flip the Room” by getting a family dorm room ready for a new family in need. There are also occasional landscaping needs including trimming bushes and weed eating. Contact Family Promise at 770-535-0786 to volunteer.
- North Gwinnett Co-op: Two dates in Winter/Spring 2024 have already been reserved for CTK smalls groups of up to 10 people to serve at the North Gwinnett Co-op. These dates are Saturday, January 6 and Saturday, March 9 from 10am-12pm. Please contact the Mercy and Missions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for either of these dates. The co-op also accepts gently worn clothing and other items if your group would like to gather things to donate.
- Eagle Ranch: This is an opportunity to serve Eagle Ranch in various ways. For general volunteer opportunities contact their Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. For barn work, contact Kate Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Sandwich Project: This is an opportunity to serve by buying and assembling sandwiches for the homeless. Drop off happens every Wednesday at Sterling on the Lake. CLICK HERE for more information.